Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The (Virtual) Trip is Underway!

Going on tour with Hot (Sweaty) Mamas: Five Secrets to Life as a Fit Mom sounds like a blast. That is until I think about all the stuff I'd miss out on at home, like my kids, my husband and my workouts. So while there are a couple real life trips planned for the near future, the Hot (Sweaty) Mamas book tour is going virtual. My co-author, Kara Thom, and I will spend the next five weeks visiting 23 (and counting) mom bloggers. As the bloggers check out our book, I'm going to do some fun research on my own visiting their blogs and sharing my favorite takeaways from each. Stop back throughout the tour and get to know these bloggers...

Our first stop was right here in Minneapolis with fellow runner, Carly, at Chubby Chicks Run Too. She rode a camel, rode the pole (you'll have to check that post out!), and now wears Dansko clogs...  My kind of girl. Carly's doing the work of the Hot (Sweaty) Mama: managing to stay fit while working part-time and caring for her family and home. Love that she's sharing her struggles and successes with other moms...

Day two we hit Chicago to spend time with Stephanie Mansour from Step it Up with Steph.
Stephanie is a premier, private personal trainer and coach for women. She combines yoga, Pilates, personal training, and body image and confidence coaching for a unique approach to wellness. Steph's workbook, 30 Days to Love Your Body and Your Life, is on my gift list this year (cause who couldn't love their body or their life just a little more?).

Today we were up in British Columbia visiting Tamara of Fit Knit Chick. I've never met Tamara in person, but I think I might have a little girl crush on her. Guess she appeals to the student in me... Tamara has a PhD in Ecology and recently moved into the fitness industry. She's a mom to three kids who realized the best way to keep active was to turn that activity into a career. (Good thinking, Tamara!) And, of course, Tamara knits too. That's something I've tried (and failed at) many times...


Love these ladies and I'm excited to keep traveling! Stop back tomorrow to see who we'll be chatting with!

--Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, thanks so much for the shout out and love; back at ya!
    Dear daughter came home from the hospital today, so life is back to the normal level of chaos!
    Looking forward to meeting lots more bloggers on this Virtual Tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note, Tamara. So happy to hear your daughter is doing better! Our youngest has been sick on virtually every holiday for the past two years, so we'll be doing lots of early bedtimes this week! Stay healthy!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete